ABOUT THE DIRECTORATE
The Directorate of Medical Education, Assam, Training and Research, Assam was established in the year 1984 under the control of Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Assam. Institutions under the Directorate are listed here.
FUNCTION OF THE DIRECTORATE
- To promote expertise in medical science in different streams like Allopathic, Ayurvedic and Homoeopathic medicine and paramedical science.
- To promote health care facilities to the people of Assam through different hospitals under the Directorate.
- To develop and sustain the medical education through proper planning.
- To promote research in the field of medical science in the state of Assam.
- To develop human resources in medical science through different institutions under it.
- To control the Undergraduate & Post-graduate admission into the courses of Medical Colleges, RDC, RNC, GAC & Homoeopathic Colleges.
- Administrative control over all the colleges and hospital under it.
KEY OFFICIALS OF THE DIRECTORATE
Dr. D. Hazarika,Director
|Dr. D. Hazarika|
MBBS, MD (Radiology)
|Director of Medical Education|
|Dr. H. Mahanta|
MBBS, MS (Surgery)
|Officer on Special Duty|
|Dr. J. D. Sarma|
MBBS, MD (Anatomy)
|Controller of Examination-cum-Deputy Director of Medical Education|
|Dr. M.K. Choudhury|
MBBS, MD (Physiology)
|Joint Director of Medical Education|
|Ms. I. Laskar, ACS||Administrative Officer|
|Mr. R. K. Medhi, AFS||Finance & Accounts Officer|
|Ms. N. Mahanta||Senior Research Officer|
|Ms. K. Saikia||Asst. Research Officer|